1) Following Justice Scalia’s passing, his body was never examined. A Justice of the Peace pronounced him dead over the phone and an autopsy was never ordered. However, in accordance with Texas state law, pronouncing death via telephone is completely legal. Also, it was the families wishes to decline the autopsy.
2) Cibolo Creek Ranch owner John Poindexter stated, “We discovered the judge in bed, a pillow over his head. His bed clothes were unwrinkled.”
3) John Poindexter has been a tremendous supporter of president Obama, donating copious amounts of money to his election and re-election campaigns. So much money in fact, it prompted the president to personally give him an award for his service in Vietnam.
4) The Scalia-era SCOTUS has typically been a 5-4 court. With Scalia’s passing coincidentally timed with a year left to Obama’s reign, and with the president stating that he’ll nominate Scalia’s successor before his body even cooled off, this understandably fuels the conspiracy theories.
5) At the time of Scalia’s passing, his security detail, the U.S. Marshall Service, wasn’t present. However, the judge asked for his privacy so he could enjoy his south Texas hunting trip.
Also, nobody’s talking about the other facts. Scalia was sick and spent preceding Wednesday and Thursday at the doctors office. However, he elected to travel to Texas anyways. Furthermore, at the age of 79 years-old, is it really that hard to believe that somebody could pass away in their sleep from natural causes?
What do you think – natural causes or foul play? Leave us a comment and let us know.