This is an accurate rifle that needs no federal paperwork to buy, is about as loud as a suppressed .22 (quieter than any power tool) and it is powerful enough to hunt deer with and is cheaper to shoot than almost any other type of firearm.
Max. Muzzle Velocity: up to 680 f.p.s.
Muzzle Energy: 230 ft/lbs
Max. Fill Pressure: 3,000 psi
21.60″ rifled barrel
- Sam Yang Dragon Claw
- Precharged pneumatic (PCP)
- Rifled steel barrel (0.490″ to 0.496″ diameter)
- Single air reservoir (244cc)
- 11mm scope rail (use only compact scopes)
- 2 power levels (first bolt stop is low power, second is high)
- 3000 psi max fill pressure
- About 3 powerful shots per fill
- Built-in manometer (air pressure gauge)
- Hardwood Monte Carlo stock with checkered forearm & grip
- Fully adjustable, removable rear sight
- Raised RH cheekpiece
- Includes probe with 1/8″ BSPP male threads
If you’re looking for incredible hunting power, the Sam Yang Dragon Claw will meet your expectations! Throw a .50 cal. projectile and get 230 ft-lbs. Is that enough power for you?
While you may do some plinking with this gun, it won’t be long before you’ll start taking some game or dispatching pests with it. The Dragon Claw can humanely and effectively take feral hogs, javelinas, coyotes, foxes, nutria, possums, woodchucks, raccoons and similarly sized animals.
Our tech department tested this gun with a 225-grain projectile (gun filled to 3000 psi):
Shot No. 1: 679 fps
Shot No. 2: 668 fps
Shot No. 3: 624 fps
Shot No. 4: 552 fps
Shot No. 5: 457 fps
Shot No. 6: 363 fps