Are GoPro gun mounts a good idea? If they can help me to shoot like Champion Samantha Foppe, I say yes!
These mounts are pretty slick, even for a novice shooter like me. With the ability to adjust angles, the camera can capture the hunter, the hunted, the scenery, whatever!
On her Facebook page, Sam says,
“Finally trying out the new GoPro. Pretty cool how many different angles you can watch yourself shoot from.”
Check it out!
From the manufacturer:
Mount your GoPro to guns, fishing rods and bows. This versatile mount is compatible with most shotguns1, rifles, revolvers, airsoft, paintball and pellet guns, and fits bow components and fishing rod grips with a diameter of 0.4” to 0.9” (10mm to 23mm). You can mount one or two cameras front-facing and/or rear-facing to capture immersive footage from a variety of angles and perspectives. A non-reflective, matte black finish ensures low visibility. Fits 0.4″ to 0.9″ (10mm to 23mm) diameter gun barrels, fishing rod grips and bow components.
- Compatible with most shotguns1, rifles, revolvers, airsoft, paintball and pellet guns
- Mount one or two cameras to capture footage looking forward, backwards or both directions simultaneously
- When used with a gun or fishing rod, camera(s) can be mounted below or to the side of the barrel or rod
- Specially designed Mounting Backdoors help stabilize the camera during recoil
- Non-reflective, matte black finish ensures low visibility
Please check state and local regulations and laws to ensure that attaching a camera to your hunting equipment is permitted, and comply with any regulations that restrict the use of electronic accessories in a certain area.
Here’s how it looks in action:
Finally trying out the new GoPro. Pretty cool how many different angles you can watch yourself shoot from.
Posted by Sam Foppe on Monday, February 15, 2016